Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm not leaving.

So, we've attended our last morning report, said our teary goodbyes, had a swim at the Serena Hotel, packed our stuff and drowned one last cockroach. Emmy will be here to pick us up in about half an hour. I've been spending the last few minutes frantically figuring out how to lock myself in the safe from the inside. It is a bit cramped in here, and my internet connection is fading but otherwise I won't complain.

This really has been an amazing month. I've met so many wonderful people and seen such beautiful things. There have been some difficult times as well, but far outnumbered by the good. I was telling Patty that I feel a bit selfish for all that I am taking away (not just the banana beer) but I hope my teaching was effective and the residents seemed truly appreciative.

Except for a few large blowouts, Patty and I got along well and are planning a trip to Namibia. It's not so much that she enjoys my travel companionship rather she is using my special ability to secure emergency exit seats on all our overseas flights (awesome!!)

Thanks for reading and emailing and I'll see you soon. Can someone please shovel my driveway before I get home?



1 comment: